Thursday, February 02, 2006

The skinny on this...

Some things grow on you, like your own skin. Take for example this old Tee that I've been slipping into for quite some time now at home. It's showing signs of aging in that there are stitches coming out from here and there like hostelites trying to sneak out for a late night booze party. And though this tee was once a very bright, striking apparel on my being that I used to wear to work even, lately it's retired; but I feel mighty comfortable slipping into it. It's warm, it's home. It's like my skin. Though the wife has been trying to wiggle it out of my wardrobe and into that bag of clothes we donate to charity every year, I tell her 'not this one'. And am sure each of us has our own 'rag doll' that makes us secure in the fact that they've traveled time with us; still with us. No matter what, we won't wanna give 'em up. For anything. For life. Right?

10 comments:

d4u said...

Ya absolutely:)

teacup said...

hehehe.... I have an old tee that my dad bought for me wen I was in my sixth grade!!!...Surprisingly it has neither faded nor have the stitches come out...I still wear it...at home...it gives me this feeling of 'security'...but I also have another reason...it makes me feel good that it still fits me:))

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah ! Like the raggedy little pillow I used from the day I was born to the day I left India at 21...

... I miss the silly thing so :(

Arunima said...

I have a wrap-around skirt which is not even stiched properly. Actually it is a pice of cloth with all the threads hanging. I have been wearing it for quite sometime and not parting with it even when my roomie threatened to use it as a duster.

GratisGab said...

Oh yes...the softer, the more thread-bare, the more faded, the BETTER! :)

Shobha said...

We all love to hang on to our old memories and all the old stuff. I think it's got more to do with not liking change...

Shobha said...

I mean our aversion towards change per se...how do you do btw? Long time...

Prerona said...

u've been tagged ... ?

phatichar said...

d4u: :)

Yashita: hmmm..that sure feels good huh? Still able to get into clothes you wore as a kid. How do you do that? Some pointers please.. :)

Ash oh yeah, pillows are another post, maybe someday...

Arunima: :)

Gabby: yep, absolutely! :)

Shobha: Well, resistance to change doesn't necessarily fit in here. My take would be emotional attachment; heard of it? ;) Hey, have been busy/good/listless, not necessarily in that order. :)

Prerona: Awwwww, no! :) 'k,will do the honors

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»